Have you ever tried cauliflower pizza crust?
This is how I feel about cauliflower pizza crust.
I mean, it is technically pizza, so I obviously ate it. But I just don’t know about it… maybe I did it wrong?
I will probably attempt it again with tweaks, but I’ve got to say, since going grain free I have missed pizza most of all. Real, chewy, hold it in your hand and let your fingers get all greasy pizza.
And so I busted out my arsenal of grain free flours and whipped up a pie my kids actually LOVE and ask for at least once a week.
I guarantee I will never hear them request cauliflower pizza again. But my grain free version of pizza with chicken apple sausage and cashew feta. Yep. They can’t get enough.
Easy grain free pizza crust
1.5 cups bobs paleo flour blend
salt to taste
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (it gives a really nice chewy texture, but just omit if you have severe dairy allergies, it’s good both ways.)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix the paleo flour with salt but reserve the coconut flour.
- Add the liquid ingredients including the cheese and combine into a wet dough.
- Slowly add the coconut flour until it comes together just enough to handle without sticking to fingers.
- Roll out between two pieces of parament and toss onto a sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Prick the surface with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings and bake for an additional 15. (*If using any nut cheeses put them on at the very end after the pizza has been baked.)